Attorney Jennifer Richardson approaches family law in a unique way. Well-respected in the legal community, Richardson has received numerous accolades for her work in divorce, child custody, child support and post-divorce modification cases, as well as estate planning and probate services. As a former tax accountant, she considers herself an analytical “number cruncher” and provides clients with a full-range cost benefits analysis to help them get the most from her services. Perhaps most importantly, however, she is a divorced parent who truly understands her clients’ needs.
Though comfortable and competent in the courtroom, Richardson’s objective is to negotiate outside of court whenever possible. She works closely with clients to help them achieve their big picture goals in a positive and amicable way, and her top priority is always the children involved.
As the parent of a child with autism, Richardson also advocates on behalf of children with special needs. She understands the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) meeting process and the benefits that advanced planning can bring. She looks forward to working with parents to assist them in advocating to obtain the services and therapy to enable children to be the best that they can be.
Richardson is a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, in which only one-third of one percent of all lawyers in the state are invited to join.
In addition to her day-to-day legal practice, Richardson is also the mother of two and is involved in several legal and community associations. She lives in Anna with her children and attends church at Christ Fellowship in McKinney.
- Bar Admissions Texas, 2005
- Regent University School of Law,
Virginia Beach, Virginia, Judicial Doctorate
- Law Journal: International Law Journal
- Student Bar Association (elected) 1L year, 2L year and 3L year
- University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas,
Bachelor of Science-Accounting (Magna Cum Laude)
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star 2014
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, 2013-Present
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, 2012-Present
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, 2008-Present (Board of Directors)
- Texas Bar Association, 2005-Present
- Texas Bar Association – Family Law Division, 2006-Present
- Collin County Bar Association, 2005-Present, (Social Chair, 2005-2006),
(Continuing Education Committee, 2006-2007)
- Collin County Bar Association – Family Law Section, 2006-Present
- Colin County Young Lawyers Association, 2005-Present
- Frisco Bar Association, 2010-Present (Board of Directors) & 2013-present (Treasurer)
- Collin County Bar Leaders, 2013-Present
- McKinney Chamber of Commerce, 2010-Present
- McKinney Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals, 2009-2011
- Anna Chamber of Commerce, 2013-Present